Please type a search term (at least two characters)
Measurements are linked to NMI maintained SI units via a calibration chain that frequently uses independent test laboratories as intermediaries that perform calibrations to international normative documentary standards. Standards issued by CEN/CENELEC - the European standards organisation – that carry the European Normative (EN) designation which automatically replacing national standards in all EU member states. This ensures harmonisation of the measurement infrastructure across the EU and assists an organisation’s ability to demonstrate regulatory compliance.
EMRP research has supported projects that will enable user communities to:
- Introduce greater standardisation for disease diagnosis methods that use cells and biomolecules (SIB54)
- Introduce new documentary standards for light intensity measurements important for energy efficient light sources(SIB57)
- Demonstrate the compliance of sound power assessments of noise sources with EU directives (SIB56)
- Demonstrate the compliance of industrial insulation materials with EU construction regulations (SIB52)
- Demonstrate that construction materials meet high load safety testing (SIB63)