The registration is closed.
University of Maribor-Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Smetanova ulica 17
2000 Maribor, Slovenia
The objective of the course is to teach the participants on basic measurement and calibration techniques in dimensional metrology.
The course will comprise a combination of approximately 1 day of formal lectures and 2 days of practical sessions.
Who should attend?
Less experienced length metrology staff from EURAMET NMI and DIs. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of dimensional measurements.
- Introduction, general principles of dimensional metrology, measurement uncertainty and traceability, overview of measuring concepts and devices
- Practical examples of assuring traceability of reference standards
2. and 3. Day
- Practical demonstrations of calibrations in 2 labs (5 participants in each group) in parallel
- Calibration of external and internal diameters (rings, plugs and spheres) using 1D measuring machine
- Calibration of 1D measuring machines (e.g. universal length measuring machines)
- Calibration of line scales and measuring tapes
The trainers are
- Bojan Ačko
- Rok Klobučar
- Jasna Tompa
- Mitja Mlakar
EURAMET NMIs and DIs; further participants according to availability and upon invitation.
Participants should take care of accomodation themselves.
For questions, please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.