The aim of the project is to support the organization of the second regional comparison of absolute gravimeter by:
- Defining the practical conditions of the comparison (time schedule, number of participants, matrix of the measured sites, ...)
- Improving the technical protocol of the ICAG_2005
- Defining a procedure for the data analysis (fast reporting of the results)
- Further investigations of the sources of systematic uncertainties
- Improving the standardization of uncertainty determination
- Defining the state of the art uncertainty for absolute gravimetry in the view of the CMC claims
- Evaluating the conditions to be met to realize the ICAG_2009 as a Key Comparison.
The comparison has taken place in November 2007 at Walferdange (ECGS) in Luxembourg.
Further partners: ECGS, LM, Max-Planck-IOIP, ROB, UMB/IMT, VÚGTK
The comparison has been organized with the status of Pilot Study to assure the link with the international comparison ICAG-2005 organized by BIPM under the CCM-WGG and IAG SGCAG activities.
It is open to Metrology Institutes as well to Geophysics Institutes, Research Institutes, Universities, etc., which maintain, or intend to maintain, this kind of primary measurement instruments in their Country.
Final Report 2017-04-17
The project has been completed an the final report can be downloaded here>>
Results were published in the Proceedings of the IAG International Symposium on Gravity, Geoid & Earth, Creta, June 2008.