As a support for the new CMCs which are to be claimed by EIM in the framework of the self declared quality system for the technical fields AC/DC transfer and capacitance, one peer visit will be carried out in the laboratory of low frequency, Department of Electrical Measurements of EIM this year.
The first visit is planned to take place from 23 to 27 June 2008 and the peer reviewer is Dr. Manfred Klonz from PTB. This audit concerns the DC and low frequency field in applied electrical metrology domain. As a consequence of the audit, CMC capabilities are going to be declared in the corresponding fields of ac-dc transfer and capacitance at the next Euramet Contact Persons meeting.
Final Report 2008-10-09
As a support for the CMCs claimed by EIM in the technical fields AC/DC voltage transfer and capacitance, a peer visit was carried out in the laboratories of the EIM from 23 to 27 June 2008. The peer reviewer was Dr. Manfred Klonz from PTB. The following aspects were assessed:
- Qualifications and technical capabilities of staff ordinarily performing the services, and their supervisors, e.g. the technical knowledge, competence and experience of the assigned staff for the calibration activities including their education and abilities.
- Control and monitoring of the environmental conditions
- Calibration and measurement methods, uncertainty estimations and method validation.
- Suitability of equipment and equipment maintenance programs.
- Measurement traceability
- Methods used for assuring the quality of measurements and calibration, e.g. the related documentation, history of the standards used, recalibration intervals, handling of the standards etc.
- Content and format of the calibration reports
- Technical records that demonstrate that the claimed uncertainties have been ordinarily achieved by the EIM.