During the recent review process of the flow field CMC tables submitted to BIPM, it became apparent that there is an urgent need of supporting evidence for a significant number of claimed measuring capabilities in the field of low (or very low) pressure gas flow measurement. At the same time the lack of any previous extended interlaboratory comparison of existing low pressure gas flow facilities was recognized. Towards these directions a new project is proposed with the following objectives and technical specifications.
- To compare low pressure gas flow facilities of EUROMET member institutes using a Molbloc transfer package
- To provide the member laboratories with the supporting evidence for their claimed measuring capabilities in the field of low pressure gas flow based on the results of the intercomparison
- Transfer standard: A transfer package consisting of 2 Molbloc flow meters and 2 mass flow controllers (MFC) with associated pressure regulators, Molbox 1 control and measuring unit and MFC switch box unit.
- Test flow rates: 0.1, 0.5, 1, 3, 10 and 25 L/min
- Test gases: a) Nitrogen of purity 99.998% (1st TS circulation)
- Air from Laboratory
Final Report 2008-06-25
The project has been completed and the results are available in the KCDB.
The Intercomparison using Nitrogen has been completed. A KCRV was derived however some issues were identified which will require some investigation before the commencement of the second stage or continuation to a Key comparison.
The B report has been prepared, circulated and accepted by participants and is titled.