The aim of the project is to foster the development of a sensor network metrology (SNM) in EURAMET. The use of SNM ranges from smart buildings, smart cities, smart grids to autonomous driving, environmental monitoring and many more. This wide range of application areas offers novel opportunities in metrology, but also leads to several new challenges. The project will bring together activities and developments related to sensor network metrology to:
- Share knowledge, experience, and research results
- Discuss running and potential future research projects
- Organise seminars and provide advice for Technical Committees, European Metrology Networks and EURAMET Members
Progress Report 2023-03-27
The partners now have established WPs and goals for 2023:
- WP1 - Ongoing survey for existing research on SNM
- WP2 - Challenges and opportunities in SNM
- WP3 - Knowledge transfer from current ongoing projects
- WP4 - Coordination and dissemination
The coordination of this project has been taken over by Martin Koval (CMI) from Federico Grasso Toro (METAS).
The following institutes are now also participating in this project:
INRIM (Italy), RISE (Sweden) and SMD (Belgium).
METAS (Switzerland) and VSL (Netherlands) are no longer joining this project.