Please type a search term (at least two characters)
New calibration services and guidance available
EMPIR Capacity Building projects aim to support the participating organisations to develop their metrological research expertise, and are one of the EURAMET tools that enable the integration of new areas of Europe into a metrology landscape that is coherent, efficient and sustainable
Completed EMPIR project ‘Traceability routes for electrical power quality measurements’ (15RPT04, TracePQM) developed a new, open system for sampled power and power quality measurements, accessible across Europe, which would reduce the burden of parallel development of similar capabilities. Successful implementation of this system will pave the way for increased adoption of renewable energy across Europe.
Project achievements include:
- Developed a system for the measurement of electrical power and power quality, and established this at participating organisations
- Developed a software tool for instrument control and electrical power calculation
- Developed a good practice guide entitled ‘Guide for sampling power and power quality measurements’
- Project partner Metrosert established new accredited calibration services in electrical power measurements
- Each partner developed a strategy for the long-term operation of the research capability developed in the project
The improved European power and power quality measurements will help to guarantee a stable and secure energy supply to customers.
Project Coordinator Věra Nováková Zachovalová from CMI in the Czech Republic said ‘The joint effort of the thirteen participants in this project has led to improvements of traceable measurement capabilities and research capabilities in power and power quality metrology. Moreover, the modular design of the measurement setup and the open software tool developed in the project will enable future expandability of the setup to cater for continuously developing customer’s needs.’
This EMPIR project is co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Metrology Partnership project is developing the standardised measurements required to protect modern electronics from radio-interference more
FLASH radiotherapy is a new form of cancer treatment promising to minimise damage caused to healthy tissue but requiring metrology for its safe use more
EMPIR project develops new amplifier for quantum sensitive applications, helping to revolutionise science more
A new European Metrology Network for Clean Energy will support collaboration within Europe concerning renewable energy sources more