Please type a search term (at least two characters)
EU Sustainable Energy Week 2019
17 – 21 June 2019
According to the European Commission website ‘EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is the biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
It is made up of a 3-day policy conference offering various networking opportunities, an EU Sustainable Energy Awards competition with a public vote for the citizens' award and local events, Energy Days, held across Europe throughout the months of May and June.
The 14th edition of EUSEW will take place from 17 to 21 June 2019, with the policy conference running from Tuesday 18th to Thursday 20th June in Brussels.’
The Policy Conference is the biggest European conference dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
The EU’s original renewable energy directive set a target of 20% final energy consumption from renewable sources by 2020, while the revised directive establishes a new target of at least 32% by 2030. EURAMET is helping to ensure that these targets are met in a number of ways.
EURAMET supports European Metrology Networks (EMNs), which bring together European scientists as metrology service providers to meet the needs of stakeholders and act as a central source of expertise and information. The EMN for Energy Gases provides measurement science expertise to society and industry to support the implementation of the energy transition to renewable gaseous fuels. The EMN for Smart Electricity Grids addresses the need for reliable grid data and analysis.
EURAMET is proud to support many joint research projects, through the European Metrology Research Programmes, EMRP and EMPIR, that develop measurement capabilities and provide input to international standards across many scientific and technical areas. Projects contributing towards advances in sustainable energy include:
- Characterisation of energy gases (ENG01, Biofuels)
- Metrology for energy harvesting (ENG02, Harvesting)
- Metrology for biofuels (ENG09, GAS)
- Traceable characterisation of thin-film materials for energy applications (ENG53, ThinErgy)
- Metrology for biogas (ENG54, Biogas)
- Towards an energy-based parameter for photovoltaic classification (ENG55, PhotoClass)
- Non-conventional voltage and current sensors for future power grids (ENG61, FutureGrid)
- Metrology for efficient and safe innovative lighting (ENG62, MESaiL)
- Field trial of traceable online measurements of siloxanes in landfill gases (14SIP06, Siloxanes)
- Advanced PV energy rating (16ENG02, PV-Enerate)
- Hybrid metrology for thin films in energy applications (16ENG03, HyMet)
- Metrology for biomethane (16ENG05, Biomethane)
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
EMRP joint research projects are part of EURAMET’s European Metrology Research Programme. The EMRP is jointly funded by the EMRP participating countries within EURAMET and the European Union.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Sign up for EURAMET newsletters and other information
EOS Annual Meeting in Porto, Portugal, 7 – 11 September 2020 more
For the first time in Europe impurity measurements at the highest accuracy levels have been performed on real hydrogen samples more
22 January 2020, National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, UK more
Report on the second industry theme within the European Metrology Research Programme is available online more
MATHMET International Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal on 20 – 22 November 2019 more