Please type a search term (at least two characters)
EURAMET e.V. is a non-profit association under German law, whose members are the National Metrology Institutes from 38 European countries. We coordinate measurement research, the traceability of measurements to the SI units, the international recognition of national measurement standards and oversee the system in Europe for the mutual recognition of calibration and measurement capabilities between countries. Through knowledge transfer and cooperation among our members, EURAMET facilitates the development of national measurement infrastructures. EURAMET is also responsible for implementing metrology research programmes jointly funded from national sources and the EU’s framework programmes.
WELMEC e.V. is a non-profit association under German law, whose members are the national authorities for legal metrology in Europe. We promote cooperation and information exchange in the field of legal metrology. Further we work towards the uniform application of European or international regulations and the elimination of trade barriers for measuring instruments.
EURAMET and WELMEC jointly represent the European Metrology Community and support industry, governments and society in all aspects of metrology.
Both secretariats work closely together and are based on the premises of the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Braunschweig, but also have employees in other European countries.
EURAMET and WELMEC are looking for an Office Communication Assistant to support both secretariats.
Areas of responsibility
- General secretarial activities
- Editorial support in maintaining the EURAMET and WELMEC websites.
- Support in the organisation of events and meetings and related logistics
- Support in member administration
- Correspondence in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written (level B2)
- Knowledge of website content management systems (such as TYPO3) would be of advantage
- Ability to work independently
- High level of flexibility and self-organisation
- Good communication and team skills as well as cultural openness
Employment will be initially 30 hours per week, 20 hours for EURAMET e.V. and 10 hours for WELMEC e.V. A future increase to full-time employment (39 hours) may be possible.
Only candidates holding a valid EU work permit will be considered. The position is located in Braunschweig. The initial contract is limited until 30 June 2022, but an extension is possible and planned.
Please submit your application to Mr. Jan Rethmeier, EURAMET Legal Advisor, E-mail: email@example.com. We kindly ask you to submit the cover letter of your application and the CV in English language.
Closing date for applications is 29 July 2020. The interviews will be held on 3 August 2020.
The job advertisement can be downloaded here >>