21 to 22 March 2023
Watch the recordings of all talks here >>
EURAMET's European Metrology Network for Energy Gases will hold its next stakeholder workshop on 'Metrology for Energy Gases' in Lisbon at IPQ, the Portuguese National Metrology Institute.
This workshop is aimed at all stakeholders involved in the production, transportation and use of energy gases. In the workshop, policy makers will discuss the latest EU policy and legislation designed to address the challenges related to decarbonisation. Additionally, industry leaders will give their perspective on the unique metrological needs that currently hinder the implementation of greener fuels in industrial applications. There will be technical presentations from leading researchers highlighting the latest measurement solutions.
The workshop will be on the theme of measurement solutions for Energy Gases and will include,
- Updates on European policy in relation to Energy Gases and the transition towards cleaner fuels
- The role of metrology in supporting the energy transition
- Industries measurement requirements from key stakeholders to implement the use of cleaner fuels
- Details on the European Partnership on Metrology and its support towards addressing current metrological issues
- Outcomes from joint projects from leading European National Measurement Institutes in technical areas including flow metering, gas quality assurance, sampling and storage
Participation will be free of charge, but registration will be needed.
The number of on-site participants at IPQ is limited.
The host IPQ has provided a list of hotel options. For an overview, please refer to IPQ's corporate agreement list (PDF) >>
Tuesday, 21 March 2023
|12:30 - 13:30 UTC||Registration & Lunch|
|13:30 - 17:00 UTC||Workshop Measurement Solutions for Energy Gases|
|19:00 UTC||Networking Dinner|
Wednesday, 22 March 2023
|09:00 -12:00 UTC||Workshop Measurement Solutions for Energy Gases|
|12:30 - 13:30 UTC||Lunch|
The EMN for Energy Gases and its mission:
The European Union’s ambition to become climate neutral by 2050 needs to be translated into practical actions, and in order to reach this goal it is essential that the needed metrological framework is developed. To this end the European Metrology Network for Energy Gases was established, in which the European metrology institutes collaborate to research renewable and non-conventional gases.
Our vision is to enable all European countries to access the measurement tools they require to support their energy gas industries including services, products, guidance, and expertise.
Our mission is to provide the world’s leading experts in the field of metrology to drive forward innovation and to accelerate decarbonisation and emission reductions within the energy gas industry in Europe.
- Agenda MEASUREMENT SOLUTIONS FOR ENERGY GASES WORKSHOP (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 1 Annarita Baldan Foreword (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 2 Hans Arne Froystein EU Energy Transition Strategy (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 3 Michael Diderich Hydrogen Industry (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 4 Olivia Powis CCUS in the Energy Transition (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 5 Jaidev Dhavle QI in scaling up renewable hydrogen (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 6 Antonio Carrera Challenges Switching to Clean Fuels (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 7 Anne Devereux Policy on Energy Transition (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 1 Thomas Bacquart Metrology for Hydrogen Vehicles Hydrogen Purity (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 2 Marc MacDonald Metrology for Hydrogen Vehicles Flow Metering (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 3 Menne Schakel Metrology Support for LNG and LBG.... (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 4 Adrian van der Veen Improvement of European QI.... (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 5 Michael Maiwald Metrology for Advanced Hydrogen Storage Solutions (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 6 Lennart de Waart Metrology for Decarbonising the Gas Grid (upload: 2023-04-03)
- 7 Orlando Teodoro Metrology for Decarbonising the Gas Grid (upload: 2023-04-06)