A meeting of high voltage calibration experts from several NMIs around the world will be arranged on Monday, 1st of September 2008 in connection with CIGRE working group D1.33 (High voltage testing and measuring techniques) meeting in hotel RIU Bonanza Playa in Mallorca, Spain.
The aim of the one day meeting is to share experience, discuss technical problems and plan future co-operation in the area of high voltage calibration.
- The main topics to be discussed are:Ideas for joint projects
- Discussion about comparisons needed in the forthcoming years
- Need and possible format for annual meeting of high voltage experts
In addition, participants are invited to prepare short presentations e.g. on the following subjects for discussion:
- Description of activities and/or new services of your institute
- Presentation of recent work
- Discussion on unsolved problem
- Definition of the quantities to be calibrated, e.g. changes in LI definition
- Ideas for joint projects
- Discussion about comparison needed in the forthcoming years
- Experience with using numerical techniques, e.g. convolution
There is a possibility to join CIGRE WG D1.33 meeting as a guest with kind permission from the WG convener, Prof. Michael Muhr.
Final Report 2008-09-08
A meeting of high voltage calibration experts from several NMIs around the world was arranged on Monday, 1st of September 2008 in connection with CIGRE working group D1.33 (High voltage testing and measuring techniques) meeting in hotel RIU Bonanza Playa in Mallorca, Spain. The number of participants was 14, presenting 9 institutions.
The main topics of the meeting were:
- Presentation of activities in each participating lab
- Presentation of and discussion on 7 technical papers
- Planning of high voltage ac, capacitance and loss factor comparison to be organized by LCOE (SP)
- Preparing a list of possible future comparisons
- Discussion on the possible topics of high voltage related proposals for the next EMRP call
It was decided to continue meeting informally, preferably close in time and place with either CIGRE WG D1.33 or CPEM. If the meeting is kept outside Europe, the respective regional organization (e.g. APMP) could arrange the meeting extend the invitation to larger number of NMIs Minutes and other meeting documents are available on a website hosted by SP.