Temperature and Temperature measurements are of high relevance in dimensional metrology. There was widespread interest expressed in this item at the meeting of Contact-Persons held in November 1992. It was therefore decided that a workshop (tutorial) should be organized and held by the PTB. The workshop will deal with following items:
1. Realization of IPT 90 around 20 °C
2. Calibration of Temperature-Measurement-Systems for application in dimensional metrology
3. Application of Temperature-Measurement-Systems- gauge block calibration - dilatometry- industrial application- line scale calibration- coordinate measurement machines
4. Ad-hoc-presentation of participants
5. Discussion and exchange of experience.