LS (Icelandic Metrology and Accreditation Service) has already some facilities for calibration of thermometers in the range -50 to 250 °C with limited accuracy. LS now intends to extend and improve its facilities and seeks consultation from NPL.
The steps will be those:
- Define minimal requirements
- Select appropriate equipment
- Install and commision equipment
- Visit from NPL
- Develop and write calibration methods
- Establish initial traceability
Estimated duration of the project i
The intention is to apply for accreditation when this project has been finished. Then there might be a need for an ongoing traceability agreement between IS and other Euromet members.