The goal of this project is to foster the application and development of methods for the analysis of dynamic measurements in metrology. Particular focus is put on the evaluation of measurement uncertainty in relation to the "Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement", which is the widely accepted standard for uncertainty evaluation in metrology.
The project focuses mainly on the organisation of the international workshop series "Workshop on analysis of Dynamic Measurements" to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of novel approaches, and for launching joint work and projects.
The following workshops or sessions at conferences have been held so far:
- Signal processing awareness seminar, NPL, UK, 2006
- Analysis of dynamic measurements, PTB, Germany, 2007
- Analysis of dynamic measurements, NPL, UK, 2008
- Session TC21- Dynamical Measurements IMEKO, XIX World Congress, Portugal, 2009
- 5th workshop on the analysis of dynamic measurements, SP, Sweden, 2010
- 6th workshop on the analysis of dynamic measurements, Chalmers University, Sweden 2011
- 7th workshop on the analysis of dynamic measurements, LNE, France, 2012
- 8th workshop on the analysis of dynamic measurements, INRIM, Italy, 2014
The 9th workshop on the analysis of dynamic measurements will be held Nov. 9-10 2016 at PTB, Berlin.
During the 2010 workshop the initiative for a joint EMRP project on the analysis of dynamic measurements was launched, resulting in the EMRP project "IND09: Dynamic Traceable dynamic measurement of mechanical quantities" from 2011 to 2014.
The partners also collaborate within the recently initiated MATHMET - The European Centre for Mathematics and Statistics in Metrology.