The goal of this project is to foster the development of harmonised digital calibration certificates (DCC) at national metrology institutes and calibration laboratories. The focus is on DCCs with machine interpretable information about the calibration in such a way that it can be utilised for digital workflows in measurement science, calibration, conformity assessment and industry.
Therefore, the project will carry out the following actions
- Definition of minimum requirements for DCC regarding content and interfaces
- Development and publication of case studies, guidelines and software
- Organisation of workshops to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of novel approaches
- Organisation of training courses, both, web-based and in person
- Active collaboration with all EURAMET TCs
- Active collaboration with the CIPM and its CCs
The first international workshop on DCCs will be held 9th–10th June 2020 at PTB Braunschweig, Germany.
Initial developments towards a DCC are undertaken also in the EMPIR project 17IND02 SmartCom, starting June 2018.