EMPIR Call 2014 - Industry, Research Potential & Support for Impact
In 2014 EURAMET issued calls for joint research for 'Metrology for Industry' and 'Research Potential' following a two stage process.
EURAMET also issued a call for 'Support for Impact' projects designed to increase the impact from completed i-MERA Plus and EMRP projects.
|Project Number||Short Name||Title||Coordinator|
|14RPT01||ACQ-PRO||Towards the propagation of ac quantum voltage standards||Javier Díaz de Aguilar (CEM)|
|14RPT02||AWICal||Traceable calibration of automatic weighing instruments operating in the dynamic mode||Matej Grum (MIRS)|
|14RPT03||ENVCRM||Matrix reference materials for environmental analysis||Alper Isleyen (UME)|
|14RPT04||Absorb||Absorbed dose in water and air||Jean Marc Bordy (LNE-LNHB)|
|14RPT05||Eura-Thermal||Developing traceable capabilities in thermal metrology||Jean-Remy Filtz (LNE)|
Support for Impact
Call 2014 - Industry
EMPIR 'Metrology for Industry' projects will develop measurement methods and techniques for industrial applications. They aim to drive innovation in industrial production and facilitate new or significantly improved products through exploiting knowledge in the European measurement institutes. The innovations will improve the competitiveness of European industry and lead to increased economic turn over.
Call 2014 - Research Potential
Metrology capacity-building activities in EMPIR aim to achieve a balanced and integrated metrology system in the participating states, enabling them to develop their scientific and technical capabilities in metrology. Competitive metrology capabilities affect all other aspects of the technical quality infrastructure of the participating National Metrology Institutes and Designated Institutes, therefore directly contributing to increased European economic welfare.
Call 2014 - Support for Impact
In order to better exploit the scientific and technological achievements of the projects, and facilitate stakeholder uptake of the results, the new instrument 'Support for Impact' is introduced. Examples of project outputs under this call for proposals include:
- a contribution to a documentary standard approved by a Technical Committee/Working Group of a European or international Standard Developing Organisation
- a contribution to a regulatory process approved by an European/international regulatory body
- a patent application accepted by the European Patent Office
- one or more potential commercial beneficiaries approve the feasibility for the transfer of technology that was developed in a project
EMPIR Participant Portal
Visit the EMPIR Participant Portal to:
- see the current plan for calls in EMPIR
- submit ideas for metrology research
- submit project proposals
- register as an expert to help EURAMET evaluate proposals
- read guides to the call, evaluation, negotiation and reporting processes