EURAMET Research Council
The Research Council is EURAMET's advisory board focussing on the European Metrology Research Programmes and any research related topics.
The council fulfils an important role within EURAMET:
- Provides strategic advice and an independent opinion;
- Is consulted on the structure of the research programme and the call scopes which are proposed to the European Commission;
- Reports and provides recommendations to the EMPIR Committee, which manages the research programmes.
The Research Council consists of institutional and personal members of high standing, drawn from the external stakeholder community of EURAMET. The nine personal members are experts from industry, research and academia and they are appointed for their experience and expertise. In addition, seven institutional members are given the opportunity to propose one representative each.
Members of the Research Council act independently in their role and do not represent the interests of their organisation or their country.
Current Research Council Members >>
Become a personal member of EURAMET's Research Council
As a personal member you would:
- Be part of a group of advisors selected from across Europe for their expertise in research, metrology, technology, industry, government and business
- Use your expertise to advise on an integrated, cost effective and internationally competitive measurement infrastructure for Europe
- Meet once a year with the other Research Council members and exchange views with the EMPIR Committee on the future of Europe's measurement infrastructure
Potential Research Council members are proposed by EURAMET members and undergo a selection process. The General Assembly is responsible for the appointment of the personal members and the approval of the representatives of the institutional members. The Research Council members represent a balanced contingent of various countries across Europe.
To discuss the process for becoming a personal member of the Research Council, please contact EMPIR Committee Deputy Chair, Rado Lapuh
Research Council Members
|Name||Institute||Country / Organisation||Status|
|Räsänen, Markku||Finland||Personal Member|
|Grasserbauer, Manfred||Austria||Personal Member|
|von Klitzing, Klaus||Germany||Personal Member|
|Plooij-van Gorsel, Elly||Netherlands||Personal Member|
|Betta, Giovanni||Italy||Personal Member|
|Wilkins, Terry||United Kingdom||Personal Member|
|Maréchal, Rozenn||France||Personal Member|
|Bouyer, Philippe||France||Personal Member|
|Kolar, Jana||Slovenia||Personal Member|
|Ganesh, Ashok||CEN-CENELEC -...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|Milton, Martin||BIPM - Bureau...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|Dudle, Gregor||WELMEC -...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|N.N., N.N.||ERC -...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|Ribeiro, Álvaro Silva||EUROLAB aisbl...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|Calpini, Bertrand||WMO - World...||International/Regional Organisation||Institutional Member|
|Winroth, Gustaf||EC - European...||European Commission||Observer|