EURAMET Task Group "Metrology for Health"
Wherever and whenever future R&D strategies are discussed, "Health" is considered as a grand challenge. In response "Metrology for Health" ranks high on the EURAMET agenda. A dedicated Task Group was established in 2013 in order to develop a strategy on how metrological R&D should evolve in the context of the European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) and the European Union's HORIZON2020.
The main objective of the Task Group is to organize the scientific and technical collaboration in health related fields among EURAMET members and associates and to form a coherent and comprehensive approach on metrology for health.
In more detail the group's terms of reference ask to
- Coordinate and to complement the work of EURAMET's Technical Committees in metrology for health
- Liaise with the Joint Committee for Traceability in Laboratory Medicine (JCTLM) and other groups working in this field
- Support and act for the development of standards, measurement methods and measurement structures
- Develop the Strategic Research Agenda for EMPIR
- Propose research topics for joint research projects and to elaborate road maps for future research and development
- Disseminate expertise and knowledge on metrology for health through seminars, guides and conferences
The mission of the group is considered of temporary character.
Members of the Task Group are experts known for their broad metrological experience and horizontal views in the area of Health. In addition external experts, representing important stakeholders will be contacted in an appropriate manner. Membership is on invitational basis.
Members of the Task Group Health
|Name||Institute||Country / Organisation|
|Ankerhold, Ulrike||PTB - Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt||Germany|
|Jeckelmann, Beat||METAS - Federal Institute of Metrology METAS||Switzerland|
|Karaböce, Baki||UME - Ulusal Metroloji Enstitüsü||Turkey|
|Parkes, Helen||LGC - LGC Ltd.||United Kingdom|
|Sassi, Maria Paola||INRIM - Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica||Italy|
|Severn, Ian||NPL - National Physical Laboratory||United Kingdom|
|van der Veen, Adriaan||VSL - VSL||Netherlands|
|Vaslin Reimann, Sophie||LNE - Laboratoire national de métrologie et d'essais||France|