Please type a search term (at least two characters)
European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR)
EMPIR is the main programme for European research on metrology. It coordinates research projects to address grand challenges, while supporting and developing the SI system of measurement units.
EMPIR follows on from the successful European Metrology Research Programme (EMRP), which issued its final call for projects in 2013. There is an increased focus within EMPIR on innovation activities to target the needs of industry and accelerate the uptake of research outputs.
The inclusion of capacity-building activities in EMPIR is helping to bridge the gap between countries with emerging metrology systems and those with more developed capabilities.
To take part in EMPIR, please visit the EMPIR Participant Portal to:
- see the current plan for calls in EMPIR
- submit ideas for metrology research in response to a Stage 1 Call
- submit project proposals in response to a Stage 2 or SIP Call
- register as an expert to help EURAMET evaluate proposals
- read guides to the call, evaluation, negotiation and reporting processes
For questions about EURAMET's Research & Innovation programmes, please contact our Management and Support Unit:
Phone: +44 20 8943 6666