Please type a search term (at least two characters)
The UN Climate Change Conference is currently taking place in Poland (2 - 14 December 2018)
The 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is currently being held in Katowice, Poland.
The main objective of the meeting is to adopt the implementation guidelines of the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
Measurement has a critical role to play in understanding, modelling and monitoring climate change.
EURAMET supports a number of projects that have the aim of developing new climate change measurement methods and technologies.
- European metrology for Earth observation and climate
- Metrology for ocean salinity and acidity
- Metrology for pressure, temperature, humidity and airspeed in the atmosphere
- Spectral reference data for atmospheric monitoring
- Metrology for high-impact greenhouse gases
- Metrology for Earth observation and climate 2
- Metrology for essential climate variables
- Further metrology for earth observation and climate
Accurate and traceable measurements, such as those in the projects listed above, are key in our endeavors to tackle the challenges presented by climate change.
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
EMRP projects are part of EURAMET's European Metrology Research Programme. The EMRP is jointly funded by the EMRP participating countries within EURAMET and the European Union.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Sign up for EURAMET newsletters and other information
New physical standards and data analysis tools for tissue blood flow in the heart more
15 July 2020, 09:00 – 13:00 CEST more
EMPIR projects’ contributions to energy efficiency and smart grid technologies draws considerable, continual attention from the stakeholder community more
EURAMET announces the launch of the EMPIR Call for Researcher Mobility Grants. more