Please type a search term (at least two characters)
Stage 2 – Call for JRP Proposals and REG Proposals now closed
Stage 2 – Call for proposals for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) and associated Researcher Excellence Grants (REGs) now closed
Following the closure of Stage 2, each proposal received will be checked for eligibility and evaluated by independent Referees at the Review Conference. After some post processing and financial checks are made, and the EMRP Committee will agree the final list of JRPs (and REGs) to fund, this list will be announced.
Further to Stage 2, there will be a Stage 3 of the Call for Researcher Excellence and Researcher Mobility Grants, and a permanent open call for Early-Stage Researcher Mobility Grants (available to the wider community). These calls will be open following the completion of Stage 2, indicative date is early 2010.
Further information is available at the call website.
Stage 2 – Call for proposals for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) and associated Researcher Excellence Grants (REGs)
Stage 2 of the EMRP Call 2009 is now open and EURAMET invites research teams from EMRP A169 participating States to build consortia and submit JRP proposals meeting the specifications given in the SRT supporting documents. Consortia may include proposals for Researcher Excellence Grants (REG) provided that it adds necessary scientific value to the JRP.
JRP proposals can be submitted on the following topics:
- SRT01: Metrology for Biofuels
- SRT02: Metrology for Thermal Efficiency of Buildings
- SRT03: Metrology for Energy Harvesting
- SRT04: Metrology for Energy Saving in Electronic Devices and Electrical Machines
- SRT05: Metrology For Improved Power Plant Efficiency
- SRT06: Metrology for Fuel Cells
- SRT07: Characterisation of Energy Gases
- SRT08: Metrology for Smart Gas Distribution Grids
- SRT09: Metrology for Solid State Lighting
- SRT10: Metrology for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- SRT11: Metrology for New Generation Nuclear Power Plants
- SRT12: Metrology for Fusion
- SRT13: Metrology for Solar Cells and Solar Thermal Conversion
- SRT14: Metrology for Smart Electrical Grids
- SRT15: Metrology for High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC)
- SRT16: Metrology for Wind Energy Conversion
Details of the relevant documents, including supporting documents, guidelines and proposal/application form templates are available at the call website.
Formal announcement of the EMRP Call 2009 – Energy:
A. Joint Research Projects and integrated Researcher Excellence Grants to advance measurement science and technology
in the field of energy:
- Stage 1: Call for proposals for potential metrology research topics (open from 15 May to 28 June 2009 - closed), followed by:
Visit the EMRP dedicated website for more details
- Stage 2: Call for proposals for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) which may include proposals for associated Researcher
Excellence Grants (open from 2 September to 2 November 2009)
B. Stage 3: Call for proposals for (following the publication of the list of selected JRPs on the website, indicative date is
- Researcher Excellence Grants for JRPs not awarded such a grant at Stage 2
- Researcher Mobility Grants
C. Early-Stage Researcher Mobility Grants (call opens following the publication of the list of selected JRPs on the website,
indicative date is early 2010)
Whilst the EMRP is executed primarily by the national metrology institutes and designated institutes of the participating
countries, all interested parties are invited to submit potential topics in Stage 1. Opportunities for wider participation also
exist at later stages.
Submission of proposals does not bind the submitter nor EURAMET e.V. to further negotiations. Stage 1 topic descriptions
may be amended, split, or merged by EURAMET e.V. Finalised priority topics will be published anonymously at Stage 2,
accompanied by a EURAMET e.V. owned supporting document, based on the original topic description(s).
EURAMET e.V. reserves the right to cancel all or part of the Call. The Programme is dependent on completion of the
legislative and contractual processes between the European Commission and EURAMET e.V.
Details of the call scope, eligibility, funding, application forms etc will be available at the dedicated website
http://www.emrponline.eu/ from the relevant call stages launch dates.
For further background information about the EMRP visit the EURAMET EMRP pages.