Please type a search term (at least two characters)
21 October 2019 Berlin Adlershof
The workshop aims to create an international interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and approaches between legislators, regulators and manufacturers in the field of medical devices with a measurement function.
It will concentrate on two main aspects:
- The harmonisation of the different national approaches towards ensuring that instruments conform to EU (and other) legislation. This is particularly important in the field of medicine
- The measurements needed for medical devices, and how they feed into market surveillance
Topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
- EU and national medical device legislation (MDD, MDR, national legislations)
- International standards versus common specifications
- Regulations for placing on the market versus national regulation for devices in operation (periodic verification)
- Development of common verification strategies for medical devices in operation
- Classical metrology versus medical metrology
- Establishment of a European network for medical devices with a measuring function to underpin the harmonisation of requirements
Additionally, a round table and panel discussion will be held.
In case of questions and for further information, please contact MedMet2019@ptb.de
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Report on the second industry theme within the European Metrology Research Programme is available online more
MATHMET International Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal on 20 – 22 November 2019 more
A recently completed EMPIR project confirms unprecedented ultra-low deviation between two independent single-ion optical clocks more
ASPEN 2019: 8th International Conference of Asian Society for precision Engineering and Technology, Japan, 12 – 15 November more
Activities to support the development of a good practice guide on measurements for radioactive waste has begun in CIEMAT Spain more