Please type a search term (at least two characters)
21 October 2019 Berlin Adlershof
The workshop aims to create an international interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and approaches between legislators, regulators and manufacturers in the field of medical devices with a measurement function.
It will concentrate on two main aspects:
- The harmonisation of the different national approaches towards ensuring that instruments conform to EU (and other) legislation. This is particularly important in the field of medicine
- The measurements needed for medical devices, and how they feed into market surveillance
Topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
- EU and national medical device legislation (MDD, MDR, national legislations)
- International standards versus common specifications
- Regulations for placing on the market versus national regulation for devices in operation (periodic verification)
- Development of common verification strategies for medical devices in operation
- Classical metrology versus medical metrology
- Establishment of a European network for medical devices with a measuring function to underpin the harmonisation of requirements
Additionally, a round table and panel discussion will be held.
In case of questions and for further information, please contact MedMet2019@ptb.de
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Metrology research helps hospitals to develop best practices and guidelines for new COVID-19 drug delivery measures more
On May the 20th this year we celebrate World Metrology Day marking 145 years of international cooperation in Metrology. more
EMPIR project inspires positive changes to the care of patients in intensive care more
Research into single-photon sources receives extensive coverage in scientific journals more
Thursday 4 June 2020, 09:30 to 11:30 UK time more