Please type a search term (at least two characters)
One of EURAMET’s newest members, Moldova, participates in three EMPIR research potential projects
The National Institute of Metrology of the Republic of Moldova, INM-MD, gained full member status in EURAMET in May 2019 when all current members voted unanimously for giving entry to this NMI.
Despite having only recently joined EURAMET, the Moldovan National Metrology Institute (NMI) is already participating in three research potential projects (RPTs) within the European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research, EMPIR.
Research potential projects form part of EURAMET’s EMPIR Capacity Building projects which aim to support the development of metrological expertise in emerging NMIs and designated Institutes (DIs), whilst increasing interactions and extending the capability of more developed institutions. These projects form a key EURAMET tool for creating a coherent, efficient and sustainable metrology landscape in Europe.
The EMPIR research potential projects that INM-MD is participating in as a project partner are:
- Research capabilities for radiation protection dosimeters (17RPT01, DOSEtrace) aiming to develop the technical capability of the emerging NMIs of the participating countries in ionising radiation dosimetry in order to provide better measurement accuracy for end-users
- Establishing traceability for liquid density measurements (17RPT02, rhoLiq) which will build the technical capacity and calibration facilities of participants to deliver high accuracy measurement of liquid density for industrial users
- Traceable measurement capabilities for monitoring thermocouple performance (18RPT03, MetForTC), which aims to develop and improve practical methods and SI traceability for the in-situ performance of these devices – that generate a temperature dependent voltage and are used in applications such as industry, energy production or as thermostats in the home
Collectively these three projects bring together 25 NMIs and DIs from across Europe with academia and industry. As a partner in these projects INM-MD will be helping to develop metrological capacity to deliver an efficient, balanced and integrated European metrology infrastructure which meets national and European needs in these fields.
Research Mobility Grants
INM-MD staff are also benefiting from two Research Mobility Grants, which aim to increase participation and diversify capacities in metrology and prepare the next generation of researchers to continue collaborations:
- 18NRM03-RMG1 INCIPIT awarded to complement EMPIR project Calibration and accuracy of non-catching instruments to measure liquid/solid atmospheric precipitation (18NRM03, INCIPIT).
- 17RPT01-RMG1 DOSEtrace awarded to complement EMPIR project Research capabilities for radiation protection dosimeters (17RPT01, DOSEtrace).
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Calibrator based on technology developed in this project has been sold to a major European calibration service provider more
7 – 9 September 2021, Lyon France and also online more
Publication from EMPIR nanometrology project wins award in the field of precision measurement more
Applications invited for award enabling two metrological institutions to work together more
EMPIR project flyer and video will help the understanding of the importance of metrology for the accuracy and traceability of medical device flow meas... more