Please type a search term (at least two characters)
EURAMET Capacity Building training courses
Human and Institutional Capacity Building aims to develop expertise and competence at National Measurement Institutes and Designated Institutes through knowledge transfer and training courses organised by EURAMET. The training schedule is developed in response to the requirements of the metrology community. Training courses are hosted and delivered by technical experts from EURAMET member countries.
The training courses are related to:
- Specific technical topics, for example calibration and measurement uncertainty
- Administration of metrology systems, for example CIPM MRA requirements and NMI management
- European metrology Research Programmes, for example drafting proposals, reporting and finance
Emerging institutes hosting training courses
The success of these training courses is clear, and can be demonstrated by the following figures from 2017 and 2018:
- 11 events
- 204 participants
- 30 EURAMET & 8 other RMOs countries trained
- 8 hosts, including 4 emerging institutes hosting for the first time (DMDM, MBM, IMBIH, DPM)
- 40 lectures
- 15 EURAMET countries sending lecturers
- 6 lecturers from non-EURAMET countries
- 100 lecturer days in total. These are unpaid – as in-kind contribution to the EURAMET community
Since its start in 2014 the EMPIR Capacity Building programme has created many opportunities for emerging and developing NMIs / DIs and enabled many to strengthen their research activities in addition to developing key research skills within their organisations.
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Results from a completed EMPIR project will have impact in the nuclear industry and laboratories around the world measuring radioactive material more
Ultra-high voltages are being used in a range of fields but until recently lacked the instrumentation and standards to ensure confidence in their use ... more
European Metrology Network held first meeting with over 100 participants more
EMPIR project develops optomechanical sensor for nanoscale and quantum thermometry more
German Delegate started 3-year term at the General Assembly 2021 more