Please type a search term (at least two characters)
Call 2010: Metrology for Industry / Metrology for Environment
Finalisation of Evaluation Process
The evaluation process of the Stage 2 Call for Joint Researcher Project (JRP) proposals and Researcher Excellence Grant (REG) applications has been finalised. Following the Review Conference held in November, where external independent Referees have evaluated and ranked the proposals, the EMRP Committee has agreed on a final list of selected JRPS and associated REGs to fund. The EURAMET Research Council has endorsed the Call process and the final list.
The following project proposals have been selected and will be invited for contract negotiation in 2011:
- Metrology for chemical pollutants in air
- Emerging requirements for measuring pollutants from automotive exhaust emissions
- Traceability for Surface Spectral Solar Ultraviolet Radiation
- Traceable Radiometry for Remote Measurement of Climate Parameters
- Metrology for oceanic salinity and acidification
- Spectral reference data for atmospheric monitoring
- Metrology for Pressure, Temperature, Humidity and Airspeed in the Atmosphere
- Traceable measurements for monitoring critical pollutants under the “European Water Framework Directive (WFD-2000/60/EC)"
- Metrology for radioactive waste management
- High Temperature Metrology for Industrial Applications (>1000 °C)
- Electromagnetic characterization of materials for industrial applications up to microwave frequencies
- High Pressure Metrology for Industrial Applications
- Ionizing Radiation Metrology for Metallurgical Industry
- Dynamic mechanical properties and long-term deformation behaviour of viscous materials
- Metrology for Industrial Quantum Communication Technologies
- Metrology for the manufacturing of thin films
- Metrology for advanced industrial magnetics
- Traceable Dynamic Measurement of Mechanical Quantities
- Optical and tactile metrology for absolute form characterization
- Metrology to Assess the Durability and Function of Engineered Surfaces
- Vacuum metrology for production environments
- Thermal design and time-dependent dimensional drift behaviour of sensors, materials and structures
- New generation of frequency standards for industry
- Traceable quantitative surface chemical analysis for industrial applications
- Metrology for Ultrafast Electronics and High-Speed Communications
- Metrology of Small Structures for the Manufacturing of Electronic and Optical Devices
EURAMET would like to thank the following Referees who evaluated the proposals:
GAN, Tat Hean
KESKIN, S. Sinan
PERSANO ADORNO, Giuseppe
SOMEN JOKSIC, Agnes
The 22 Referees for the Environment Call consisted of 18 men (82 %) and 4 women (18 %), 8 (36 %) were from commercial organisations. The Referees represented 11 different nationalities (all European).
The 32 Referees for the Industry Call consisted of 25 men (78 %) and 7 woman (22 %), 9 (28 %) were from commercial organisations. The Referees represented 14 different nationalities (including 3 from outside of Europe).
4 Referees were used in both the Industry and Environment parts of the Call.
Stage 2 – Call for proposals for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) and associated Researcher Excellence Grants (REGs)
Stage 2 of the EMRP Call 2010 is now open and EURAMET invites research teams from EMRP A169 participating States to build consortia and submit JRP proposals meeting the specifications given in the Selected Research Topic (SRT) supporting documents. Consortia may include proposals for Researcher Excellence Grants (REG) provided that it adds necessary scientific value to the JRP.
The deadline for submitting JRP proposals, with optional integrated REG application, is 11 October 2010.
The lists of SRTs can be found at:
Details of the relevant documents, including supporting documents, guidelines and proposal/application form templates are available at the call website.
Formal Announcement of the EMRP Call 2010 –
Metrology for Industry and Metrology for Environment
EURAMET e.V. announces the launch of the EMRP Call 2010 for the following topic areas within the European Metrology Research Programme (EMRP), jointly funded by the European Commission and the participating countries:
- Metrology for Industry
- Metrology for Environment
The Call encompasses a two-stage process for joint research projects and includes opportunities for Researcher Grants.
- Stage 1 of the call is for potential research topics and is open to any interested party, and opens on 12 February 2010: Deadline 23:59 CET, 28 March 2010
- Stage 2 of the call is for joint research projects and associated researcher grants and is subject to eligibility criteria, and opens on 21 June 2010: Deadline 23:59 CET, 11 October 2010.
The Call is jointly funded by the European Commission and the participating National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) and Designated Institutes (DIs) and has an indicative total budget for the JRPs of EUR 82.56 M plus a further EUR 9.6 M available for the associated EMRP Researcher Grant schemes.
Further details on the EMRP and Call details, in particular further information on deadlines, Call scope, eligibility, funding, application forms etc., can be found on the dedicated website: www.emrponline.eu
Contact: EMRP Programme Manager,emrpA169@npl.co.uk