World Standards Day, 14 October 2018
Each year on 14 October, the members of international standards committees IEC, ISO and ITU celebrate World Standards Day. This is a way of acknowledging the work of technical experts across the world who provide input into published international standards. This year the theme of World Standards Day is International Standards and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The phrase Fourth Industrial Revolution describes the emerging technologies which are blurring the traditional boundaries between the physical, digital and biological worlds. Written technical standards are just as important for the fourth industrial revolution as they were for the first one over 250 years ago.
EURAMET is proud to support joint research projects, through the European Metrology Research Programmes, EMRP and EMPIR, that develop measurement capabilities and provide input to international standards across many scientific and technical areas.
Projects contributing to the fourth industrial revolution include:
- Microwave measurements for planar circuits and components (14IND02 PlanarCal)
- Large volume metrology applications (17IND03 LaVA)
- Advanced Computed Tomography (CT) for dimensional and surface measurements in industry (17IND08 AdvanCT)
- Metrology for the factory of the future (17IND12 Met4FoF)
- Standards for the evaluation of the uncertainty of coordinate measurements in industry (17NRM03 EUCoM)
- Quantitative measurement and imaging of drug-uptake by bacteria with antimicrobial resistance (15HLT01 MetVBadBugs)
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
EMRP joint research projects are part of EURAMET’s European Metrology Research Programme. The EMRP is jointly funded by the EMRP participating countries within EURAMET and the European Union.
Friday, 2 November 2018, 10:00 – 11:00 CET more
EMRP project makes measurement using new transportable clock more
World Standards Day, 14 October 2018 more
Jianrong Li from Dutch National Metrology Institute VSL gives winning presentation on biogas and biomethane more
Friday, 26 October 2018, 14:00 – 15:00 CEST more