NPL, Teddington, 6-8 November 2018
The training aims in improving the knowledge of the laboratory staff in EURAMET NMI/DIs on maintenance of primary mass standards and the calibration of mass standards to OIML Class E1 level uncertainties. The course objectives are for participants to;
- Become familiar with mass scale
- Understand traceability in the mass area
- Understand the different weight classes
- Become familiar with good practice in weight inspection, handling and calibration
- Carry out ABA and ABABA calibrations
- Understand buoyancy corrections and how to apply them
- Carry out balance assessments
- Understand and produce uncertainty budgets for mass calibrations
The course will comprise a mixture of approximately 1 ½ days of formal lectures and 1 ½ days of practical sessions (see programme overview).
The target audience of the training are metrology staff members from EURAMET NMI/DIs who are less experienced in mass calibration at the OIML E1 level of uncertainty. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of mass measurements.
More details are available at EURAMET training course on mass calibration at OIML E1 uncertainty.
University of Salamanca, Spain, 27 – 31 May 2019 more
European electrical power industry already benefitting from recently completed project more
EMPIR project research sparks extensive media coverage more
7 - 8 November 2018 in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova more
To be held at Air Liquide R&D Centre, Paris, 7 to 8 November 2018 more