Please type a search term (at least two characters)
EURAMET Research Potential projects
Research Potential Projects are a special kind of EURAMET project, and they aim to support participating organisations to develop basic levels of metrological research expertise in particular measurement research areas considered to be of national and regional priority. The projects include some research and development activities, and an important element is the collaboration of at least two National Measurement Institutes (NMIs) that are less experienced in a relevant field with NMIs that have greater experience in the field.
These Research Potential projects allow a level of research cooperation and knowledge transfer not previously achieved under other types of EURAMET projects.
By developing research and measurement service capabilities in a coordinated way across Europe, benefits can be seen that are far greater than those possible for countries working alone.
Successful Research Potential projects demonstrated by new countries participating in Joint Research projects
One specific aim for Research Potential projects is that, as a result of the work within a project, participating organisations will have the capacity to participate in future EURAMET Joint Research Projects.
Countries leading EMPIR projects for the first time, and the associated projects, include:
- Slovenia, project Traceable calibration of automatic weighing instruments operating in the dynamic mode (14RPT02, AWICal)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina, project Expansion of European research capabilities in humidity measurement (15RPT03, HUMEA)
- Portugal, project Establishing traceability for liquid density measurements (17RPT02, rhoLiq)
- Croatia, project A digital traceability chain for AC voltage and current (17RPT03, DIG-AC)
- Ireland, project A versatile electrical impedance calibration laboratory based on digital impedance bridges (17RPT04, VersICaL)
Countries participating as partners in EMPIR Joint Research Projects for the first time include Ireland, Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria and Croatia.
New countries joining Joint Research Projects as external partners never having participated in projects before include Lithuania, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro and Moldova.
EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Impact report on the energy theme within the European Metrology Research Programme is available online more
Countries new to EMPIR participate in this joint research project for traceable measurement more
Joint research project extends environmental pollution monitoring capabilities for water and soil to new European countries more