Training material is available for EURAMET TC-T contact persons and members of the BoD Working Group for Capacity Building. Please login in to the website to access the material and please note the copyright information.
Please note that the material is copyrighted to the authors (lecturers), who therefore hold the exclusive rights to it.
It is provided to you as reading material and for guidance in your work. You may also use this material for internal training purposes, as long as due reference is made to the author and his/her institutional affiliation.
By downloading any of the documents you confirm that you have read and agreed with the copyright information.
Objective of the Training Course
The EURAMET Summer School on Thermal Metrology will give metrologists recent to the field of thermal metrology an introductory overview of how the international metrology functions, followed by more detailed insight in thermal metrology disciplines with aim to prepare them for their future work.
The School will provide in-depth training in thermal metrology, namely; thermometry, humidity and thermophysical quantities. The course tutors are acknowledged world experts in their field. The School will be highly interactive and there will be plenty of time for discussions and questions. Students are invited, during registration, to identify their training needs so that the course tutors can tailor their training material accordingly.
An important part of the course will be a day spent in the laboratory getting hands on experience in the practice of contemporary thermometry, humidity and thermal quantities measurement. The course will be a valuable opportunity to network with likeminded colleagues at an early stage of your career.
Who should attend
The course is primarily aimed at those in NMIs or DIs who have less than 2 years of experience in the field of thermal metrology or who need to gain experience in another aspect of thermometry.
Lecture sessions will be held in the Hotel Olympia, Thessaloniki Laboratory sessions will be held in the Hellenic Institute of Metrology (EIM) and
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUT)
Monday, 17th September
Opening, General metrology, CIPM, CCs, CCT
EURAMET, TC-T, RMOs, NMIs, DIs,
Units redefinition, introduction to uncertainties
Temperature fundamentals, contact and non-contact thermometry
Tuesday, 18th September
Thermophysical quantities fundamentals
Wednesday, 19th September
Stream 1: Thermometry (contact and non-contact thermometry)
Stream 2: Humidity
Stream 3: Thermophysical quantities
Thursday, 20th Sepember
Laboratory sessions EIM
Laboratory sessions AUT
Transportation between venues of the event (the hotel and the laboratories) will be provided.
Friday, 21st September
Open forum for discussing students’ questions
Future developments in thermometry
The lecturers at the workshop are
- Andrea Peruzzi (VSL, The Netherlands)
- Bruno Hay (LNE, France)
- Dolores del Campo (CEM, Spain)
- Domen Hudoklin (LMK-MIRS, Slovenia)
- Eric Georgin (CETIAT, France)
- Evmorfia Kokkini (EIM, Greece)
- Frank Edler (PTB, Germany)
- Frédéric Bourson (LNE-CNAM, France)
- Graham Machin (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Helen McEvoy (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Jean-Luc Battaglia (University Bordeaux, France)
- Jean-Remy Filtz (LNE-CNAM, France)
- Jiyu Wu (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Jonathan Pearce (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Jovan Bojkovski (LMK-MIRS, Slovenia)
- Klaus Anhalt (PTB, Germany)
- Konstantinos Antoniadis (Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Marc J. Assaël (Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Michael dePodesta (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Miguel Villamañan (Universidad of Valladolid, Spain)
- Miruna Dobre (SMD, Belgium)
- Mohamed Sadli (LNE-INM, France)
- Refat Razouk (LNE, France)
- Sergei Kondratiev (VNIIM, Russia)
- Steffen Rudtsch (PTB, Germany)
- Stephan Briaudeau
- Stephanie Bell (NPL, United Kingdom)
- Susanne Picard (BIPM)
- Tanasko Tasić (EURAMET Secretariat)
- Vito Fernicola (INRIM, Italy)
EURAMET NMIs and DIs; further participants according to availability and upon invitation.
For questions, please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.