Registration closed - this training course is fully booked.
The objective for this event is to train the participants on Conformity Assessment of Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (NAWI; based on Directive 2014/31/EU), with a focus on Module “B”. The event will also give attendees an opportunity to exchange experiences for both the harmonised part (before putting instruments in use) and non-harmonised part (e.g. verifications and inspection of instruments in use). Who should attend?
Legal metrology experts who perform type approval of NAWI, testing of NAWI modules, market surveillance and inspection of NAWI in use.
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of the above mentioned legal metrology tasks.
18 – 20 February 2019
- Introduction to conformity assessment, Module B requirements, type approval processes, and documents (directive, regulations, OIML, standard, guides)
- Testing of NAWIs (procedures, records, test equipment)
- Testing of indicators (modular approach, compatibility of modules)
- Testing of POS systems
- NAWI examination (R76 checklist)
- Evaluation of software
- Module B certificate and supporting documentation
21 February 2019
- Market surveillance (methodology, findings)
- Inspection of NAWI in use (methodology, findings)
- Practical experiences in implementation of NAWID (round table)
Lab tours to IMBiH may also be arranged.
The trainers are (with more to be announced)
- Andrew Goodard, OPPS, United Kingdom
- Gregory Glas, OPPS, United Kingdom
- Šejla Ališić, IMBiH, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Haris Memić, IMBiH, Bosnia and Herzegovina
EURAMET NMIs and DIs are initially welcomed; further participants may be eligible according to availability and upon invitation.
Participants should take care of travel and accommodation themselves. A list of suitable accommodation and transfer information can be found here >>
For questions please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.