Tuesday, 23 and Wednesday, 24 October 2018 at BEV, Vienna, Austria
EURAMET and BEV Communications Workshop on 'How best to communicate the revised SI? Part 2'
The International System of Units (SI) is the metric system formally adopted by the 11th Conférence Générale des Poids et Mesures (CGPM), in 1960. It is used globally in more than 100 countries.The 26th CGPM in November 2018 is expected to accept a resolution to revise the SI.
The possible revision of the SI is an extraordinary opportunity for many NMIs and DIs in Europe to communicate the importance of measurement science and the future of SI.
To support this, EURAMET is organising a two-day workshop on 'How best to communicate the revised SI? Part 2', hosted by BEV, the Austrian National Metrology Institute.
Now in the middle of the SI promotion campaign, the event will provide the opportunity to continue discussions started at the 2017 Communications Workshop.
The preliminary agenda is
Day 1: 23 October 2017; 09:30 - 17:00 CEST
- International SI promotion campaign - status and overview
- Best practice examples of communicating the SI
- Issues and challenges
Day 2: 24 October 2017; 09:00 - 16:00 CEST
- Developing a joint action on communicating the SI redefinition (workshop)
- Ideas for final communication at the campaign's end on 20 May 2019 (brainstorming)
- Building on the momentum - how to use and extend the attention gained for future communication (brainstorming for topics of 2019 Communications Workshop)
Who should attend:
People working in NMI / DI communications
There is no fee for the workshop, but places are limited and registration is essential.
The deadline for registration is Friday, 28 September 2018.
Please note: After submitting your registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
If you don't receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register >>
The workshop will be held in English.
Travel and accommodation:
Travel and accommodation need to be booked by the individual attending.
How to get to BEV and a selection of hotels near BEV >>
Due to a national holiday in Austria on 26 October 2018 BEV recommends to book accomodation as soon as possible.
Update on list of hotels (as of 10 July 2018):
- Meininger Sissi is the closest hotel to BEV and still has vacancy.
- Meininger Franz is also within walking distance but requires a maximum stay of three nights
- Hotel Mercure is at the moment fully booked
Further options close to BEV Schiffamtsgasse:
- VOX Design Hotel (around 100€/night), 4 minutes walk to BEV
- Hotel Resonanz Vienna (around 100€/night), 12 minutes walk to BEV or one stop by metro U2
BEV has several sites in Vienna.
The workshop will take place at BEV, Schiffamtsgasse 1-3, A-1020 Vienna.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact .
This training workshop is funded by the Human and Institutional Capacity Building strand of EMPIR in the area of communications.