12-15 March 2019 and 18-21 March 2019 (course repeated)
The training course aims to improve the knowledge of the less experienced laboratory staff in EURAMET NMI/DIs on the measurement of parameters and calibration of measuring transformers.
During the course participants will receive comprehensive theoretical lectures, perform practical measurement in laboratories, and exercise calculation of related measurement uncertainties for instrument current and voltage transformer measurements including bridge and burden measurements.
The course will comprise a mixture of approximately 2 days of formal lectures and 2 days of practical sessions.
Who should attend?
EURAMET NMI/DIs staff working on measurement of parameters and calibration of measuring transformers who are less experienced in measuring these quantities and parameters. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of measurement of those quantities and parameters.
- Current Transformer Calibrations
- Voltage Transformer Calibrations
- Electronic Current and Voltage Transformer Calibrations
- Current and Voltage Bridge Calibrations
- Current and Voltage Burden Measurements
- Uncertainty Calculations
- Practices on Current and Voltage Transformer Calibrations
- Practices on Current and Voltage Transformer Bridge Calibrations
- Practices on Current and Voltage Burden Calibrations
- Data Analysis
- Measurement Uncertainty
A visit to TÜBITAK-UME laboratories might be arranged.
The trainers are
- Hüseyin Çaycı, TÜBITAK-UME
- Tansu Kefeli, TÜBITAK-UME
- Özlem Yılmaz, TÜBITAK-UME
- Burak AYHAN, TÜBİTAK-UME
EURAMET NMIs and DIs; further participants according to availability and upon invitation.
Please note that two training courses will be held in parallel at the same time:
- Electrical Power, Energy and Power Quality Measurement and Calculation of Measurement Uncertainty
- EURAMET Training Course on Calibration of Measuring Transformers
Each training course will run twice in consecutive weeks (week of 11 March and week 18 of March), enabling participants to attend both courses if they want to do so. Due to limited space in laboratories, number of participants per session in each training course is limited to 5.The allocation of participants to the course times will be done after the registration is concluded.
Participation is free of charge, but registration is necessary. Maximum number of participants is 10 (5 participants per repetition). Please register here >>
Registration will be open until 14 February 2019. However, the registration may be closed earlier if all available places are filled. Participation will be confirmed by 15 February 2019 at latest.
Participants are kindly asked to arrange travel and accommodation themselves. Information about suitable accommodation and transfer is available here >>
For questions please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.