Recognising the increasing need of ad hoc and innovative mathematical and statistical tools for current and emerging metrological applications in several areas of the Science of Measurement, the Italian local network of ENBIS, i.e. itENBIS, the Italian National Metrology Institute INRIM and Politecnico di Torino organised a joint Workshop in 2019 on Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Metrology (MSMM 2019).
Following the success of the previous workshop, and in view of the anticipated collaborations between statistical and metrological European communities, we are delighted to announce the forthcoming MSMM 2021 Workshop. This will be jointly organised by the European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS) and the European Metrology Network (EMN) for Mathematics and Statistics (MATHMET), under the local organisation of INRIM and Politecnico di Torino.
Highlights of the workshop include invited talks, as well as plenary, specialised and contributed sessions concerning the main topics of Mathematics and Statistics for metrological applications.
Session topics include but are not limited to:
- Uncertainty and measurement quality evaluation
- Regression and inverse models
- Interlaboratory data evaluation
- High dimensional, dynamic and complex models
- Bayesian models
- Simulations and virtual experiments, computational methods and digital twins
- Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, big data analytics
- Statistical engineering
- Data and software reliability
- Design of experiments, sampling and sequential design
- Digitalisation in Metrology
- Time series analysis
- Conformity assessment, reliability and quality control
The joint introductory session will be dedicated to the presentation of the mission and recent activities conducted by ENBIS and MATHMET, respectively, in order to foster collaborative interactions between the two bodies.
Instructions on how to upload the abstracts and register for the workshop are available on the website:http://www.msmm2021.polito.it
- 5 March 2021 – deadline for submission of a title and an extended abstract (max 2 pages)
- 16 April 2021 – acceptance notification to the authors
- 3 May 2021 – last date for early-bird registration
- 31 May - 1 June 2021 – Online Workshop
Queries can be addressed to the Organising Committee: http://www.msmm2021.polito.it/contact
Download Call for Abstracts here >>