Online workshop, Friday 3 July, 10:00 – 13:30 CEST
EMPIR project Multiphase flow reference metrology (16ENG07, MultiFlowMet) is working to apply a harmonised approach to multiphase flow measurements to a network of laboratories, covering a wide range of flow conditions with applicability across a wide range of multiphase meter types.
This workshop will include presentations on the project outputs, including research to investigate installation effects on multiphase flows, flow visualisation using tomography systems and Computation Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analysis of three-phase flows.
- Welcome & introduction: MultiFlowMet II Coordinator
- Description of full-scale tests (DNV GL & TÜV SÜD National Engineering Laboratory)
- Findings of the full-scale experimental results including geometrical influences and the influence of gas activity (University of Glasgow)
- High speed capacitance flow visualisation (Coventry University)
- Dual modality flow visualisation (ITS)
- Metrological Characterisation of Multiphase Flows in Small Scale Flow loop (Cranfield University)
- CFD simulations of multiphase flows in horizontal pipe and small scale flow loop (PTB & CMI)
Who should attend
This online Workshop is aimed at anyone interested in multiphase metering; multiphase test labs, oil and gas operators, metering engineers, manufacturers of metering equipment, researchers etc.
For further information, please contact Kay Morrison
This EMPIR project is co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Want to hear more about EURAMET?
Sign up for EURAMET newsletters and other information
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter