The registration is closed - this training course is fully booked.
TÜBITAK-UME, Gebze, Kocaeli, Turkey, 11-15 March 2019 and 18-22 March 2019 (course repeated)
The training course aims to provide less experienced laboratory staff in EURAMET NMI/DIs with a better knowledge of measurements in Electrical Power, Energy and Power Quality.
During the course, participants will receive comprehensive theoretical lectures and perform practical measurement in laboratories. They will also do exercises in the calculation of related measurement uncertainty for AC power & energy measurements including precision active, reactive and apparent power measurements, as well as power quality parameters (harmonics and flicker).
The course will comprise a mixture of approximately 2 days of formal lectures and 3 days of practical sessions.
Who should attend?
Staff from EURAMET NMI/DIs working in electrical power, energy and power quality measurements, but who are less experienced in measuring these quantities and parameters. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of measurement of those quantities and parameters.
- AC Power & Energy Measurements in general
- Precision Active, Reactive and Apparent Power Measurements
- Power Quality Measurements; harmonics and flicker
- Uncertainty calculations
- Practices on AC Power & Energy Measurements
- Using Digital Sampling Method for AC Power Measurements
- Prediction, Definition, Calculation and Compensation of Errors
- Practices on Power Quality Measurements
- Harmonic Current and Voltage Measurements (PQ Analysers, PQ Sources)
- Flicker Measurements (Flicker Meters)
- Data Analysis
- Measurement Uncertainty
A visit to TÜBITAK-UME laboratories may also be arranged.
The trainers are
- Hüseyin Çaycı, TÜBITAK-UME
- Tansu Kefeli, TÜBITAK-UME
- Özlem Yılmaz, TÜBITAK-UME
- Burak AYHAN, TÜBİTAK-UME
EURAMET NMIs and DIs; further participant according to availability and upon invitation.
Please note that two training courses will be held in parallel at the same time:
- Electrical Power, Energy and Power Quality Measurement and Calculation of Measurement Uncertainty
- EURAMET Training Course on Calibration of Measuring Transformers
Each training course will run twice in consecutive weeks (week of 11 March and week 18 of March), enabling participants to attend both courses, if they want to do so. Due to limited space in laboratories, number of participants per session in each training course is limited to 5.
The allocation of participants to the course times will be done after the registration is concluded.
Participants are kindly asked to arrange travel and accommodation themselves. Information about suitable accommodation and transfer is available here >>
For questions please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.