The registration is closed - this training course is fully booked.
Training material is available for EURAMET TC-IR contact persons and members of the BoD Working Group for Capacity Building. Please login in to the website to access the material and please note the copyright information.
Please note that the material is copyrighted to the authors (lecturers), who therefore hold the exclusive rights to it.
It is provided to you as reading material and for guidance in your work. You may also use this material for internal training purposes, as long as due reference is made to the author and his/her institutional affiliation.
By downloading any of the documents you confirm that you have read and agreed with the copyright information.
The EURAMET-BIPM Training Course ‘Organisation and Piloting of Intercomparisons in Ionising Radiation’ aimed to prepare metrologists from the field of ionising radiation to organise and pilot intercomparisons in the areas of dosimetry, radioactivity and neutron measurements. By helping to improve the skills of experts, as well as NMIs/DIs, the purpose of this course was to contribute towards sharing the load of piloting intercomparisons between more NMIs/DIs in EURAMET, and worldwide.
The course provided an insight into international metrology structures and the operation of EURAMET. It also delivered in-depth training on the technical and logistical aspects of performing and piloting comparisons. The course tutors were acknowledged as world experts in their field. The course was highly interactive, with plenty of time for discussions, and was a valuable opportunity to network with leading experts and colleagues from EURAMET and beyond.
The course was primarily aimed at those in NMIs or DIs who plan to pilot, and those taking part in an intercomparisons in ionising radiation metrology in the future.
- International metrology
- BIPM and EURAMET intercomparisons in IR: Conducting, evaluation and reporting
- Preparation of a good and suitable protocol
- Logistics of IR comparisons (distributing samples and artefacts)
- Experiences from practice
- Dosimetry intercomparisons: Lecture, a view from newcomer, and case studies (practical exercises)
- Radioactivity intercomparisons: Lecture, a view from newcomer, and case studies (practical exercises)
- Neutrons intercomparisons: Lecture, a view from newcomer, and case studies (practical exercises)
- Summary and wrap-up: What has been taught
- Students’ overview of what they have learned
Lecturers were from worldwide leading metrology institutions in the field of Ionising Radiation and EURAMET.
This course aimed primarily at the EURAMET TC-IR community. In addition, colleagues from other RMOs have been invited as well.
For questions please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić.