The training aims in improving the knowledge of the laboratory staff in EURAMET NMI/DIs on measurement uncertainty in static volume measurement. It will provide participants with an overview – refreshment of the theoretical background and basic principles of measurement uncertainty determination, including application in conformity assessment, followed by a deeper insight into determination of measurement uncertainty in three most frequent fields of static volume measurement
Who should attend
Less experienced volume measurement experts from EURAMET NMI/DIs, others depending upon places available and on invitation.Participant are expected to have knowledge of statistics related to uncertainty determination.
- Measurement uncertainty - Basic principles and background
- Determination of measurement uncertainty according to GUM
- Propagation of distributions using a Monte Carlo method (GUM Supplement 1)
- Role of measurement uncertainty in conformity assessment
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of volumetric equipment using gravimetric method
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of micropipettes using gravimetric method
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of standard test method and proving tanks by the volumetric method
- Practical exercises – Group working on practical examplesoWorking in groups, 4-5 participants Presentation of the outcome, discussion
- Round table discussions
Lecturers at the workshop
- Elsa Batista (IPQ)
- Miroslava Benkova (CMI)
- Zoe Metaxiotou (EIM)
- Petra Milota (BEV)
- Wolfgang Schmid (EURAMET)
- Tanasko Tasić (EURAMET)
EURAMET NMIs and DIs; further participants according to places available and on invitation.
Participation is free of charge, but registration is necessary. Maximal number of participants is 20.
Registration is necessary by Friday, 27 October 2017. The registration is now closed.
Information about accommodation and local transportation is available here>>
For questions please contact EURAMET's Capacity Building Officer Tanasko Tasić (e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).