Aberdeen, Scotland, 22 – 24 October 2018 (additional workshop and training 25 & 26 October)
Two projects within EURAMET’s European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) are to present their research at this event.
- EMPIR project 'Multiphase flow reference metrology' (16ENG07, MultiFlowMet II) is working to apply a harmonised approach to multi flow measurements to a network of laboratories, covering a wide range of flow conditions. Such technology is a vital component of subsea engineering, the most economically effective means of exploiting new oil and gas reserves at the lowest possible cost, and meets new environmental emission limits.
Results from the project will be presented at the North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop on 22 – 24 October.
- EMPIR project 'Metrological support for LNG and LBG as transport fuel' (16ENG09, LNG III) is working to establish the test facilities and validation methods needed for a large scale roll-out of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and liquefied biogas (LBG) as transport fuels.
Results from the project will be delivered at the LNG workshop and training on 25 & 26 October.
North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop, 22 – 24 October
This annual event brings together individuals from the entire oil, gas and flow industry: operators, service and supply companies, manufacturers, consultants, regulators, researchers and standards bodies. Running for over 30 years and alternating between the UK and Norway, the North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop combines presentations, discussion sessions and exhibition areas. It is the single most important event in the flow measurement calendar.
North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop programme
LNG workshop and training, 25 + 26 October
The workshop on 25 October will deliver an update on the EMPIR LNGIII Joint Research Project and technical presentations from industry covering aspects of liquefied natural gas (LNG) metrology including:
- LNG dynamic flow measurement
- LNG composition
- Improved measurement uncertainty and traceability
- LNG density
- Smart sensor development and testing
- Operations and control
- Business considerations
The LNG training day 26 October will focus on the research activities of the LNG III project which includes general introduction to LNG metrology, reducing the uncertainty in LNG dynamic flow measurements and development of sensors for LNG density, methane number and methane slip.
These EMPIR projects are co-funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the EMPIR Participating States.
Celebrating the International System of Units - Fundamentally Better more
Project research enables improvements in the safe disposal of radioactive waste from decommissioned nuclear sites more
27 – 28 May 2019, CMI, Brno, Czech Republic more
Training course held alongside the North Sea Flow Measurement conference – Training material available for download more