Please type a search term (at least two characters)
For a Pillar Assessment of European Commission
Pillar 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 9
the Dedicated Implementation Structure
of the European Partnership on Metrology
EURAMET should be assessed against the European Commission´s Pillars 1 to 4 and 7 to 9 as detailed in the attached Terms of Reference specified in Annexes A and 1 attached.
EURAMET was assessed in 2014 against Pillars 1 to 5 under the terms of reference available at that time. The 2014 report will be supplied on request.
1.1 About EURAMET
EURAMET is the Regional Metrology Organisation (RMO) of Europe. We coordinate the cooperation of National Metrology Institutes (NMI) in Europe in fields such as research in metrology, traceability of measurements to the SI units, international recognition of national measurement standards and related Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMC). Through Knowledge Transfer and cooperation among our members EURAMET facilitates the development of the national metrology infrastructures.
EURAMET is responsible for the elaboration and execution of the European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) and the European Partnership on Metrology (EPM) which are designed to encourage collaboration between European National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) and partners in industry or academia.
EURAMET wants to deliver high value to our members and associates. Therefore, our goals are to:
- Understand the true needs and visions of members and have an inclusive approach to all member needs
- Support all members and associates in achieving their own objectives taking into account existing diversity but balanced with overall European needs
- Increase scope for co-operation and sharing of resources/facilities for mutual benefit and convergent development
- Stimulate the development of a stable national framework for metrology by appropriate involvement of key metrology players as well as supporting metrology excellence as a driving force
EURAMET supports quality infrastructure in Europe and internationally, therefore our goals are to:
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of CIPM/MRA
- Influence Joint Committee of the Regional Metrology Organisation in close co-operation with other RMOs to optimise CIPM MRA processes and governance
- Strengthen cooperation with European Co-operation for Accreditation (EA) in areas of common interest associated with accreditation
- Work with EC in the implementation of technical aid projects in the accession and countries outside Europe
More information on EURAMET and on our research programmes can be found on our website: www.euramet.org
To download the full text, please go here >>
Final date for receipt of tenders is 31st July 2022. EURAMET may extend the final date for submission of tenders for any reason including requests from invited bidders to do so. Any tender received after the closing date for submission of tenders will be disregarded.