Community Engagement Manager – EURAMET e. V.
Location: Braunschweig, Germany
EURAMET eV is a non-profit association under German law, whose members are the National Metrology Institutes from 38 European States. We coordinate measurement research, the traceability of measurements to the SI units, international recognition of national measurement standards and oversee the system in Europe for mutual recognition of Calibration and Measurement Capabilities between countries. Through Knowledge Transfer and cooperation among our members EURAMET facilitates the development of the national metrology infrastructures. EURAMET is also responsible for implementing metrology research programmes jointly funded from national sources and the EU's framework programmes.
EURAMET is looking for a Community Engagement Manager to support the development of new structures within the organisation whereby members share resources and activities focussed on delivering scientific research and services to particular groups of stakeholders. These structures are called European Metrology Networks (EMNs). Duties include:
- Liaison with the EMNs to ensure that their needs for support from the Secretariat are met and that adequate information on their activities is being communicated both inside EURAMET and to external stakeholders.
- Delivering professional communications support to the EMNs including written, verbal, web and social media content.
Some of the skills required include:
- Experience of working in a public relations, stakeholder focussed or public affairs role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to write promotional material, newsletter articles and design publications for a range of different target groups
- Experience of stakeholder / community mapping
- Ability to work in a multinational organisation that serves the varying cultural needs of its members, connecting people and their different interests
- Ability to network among scientists and their stakeholders and to support the development of a strategy for engaging with these groups
- Social Media skills
- Presentation skills
- Maintenance of web pages via content management systems
The role is supported by a team of administrators, communications specialists, technical contacts, contract and finance experts based in Braunschweig (DE), Teddington (GB) and other sites across Europe.
Only candidates who have the existing right to work in the EU will be considered.
The post is expected to be based in Braunschweig.
The employment contract will be limited in time until 31 December 2024.
The salary for the post will be between 45 and 70 k€ a year depending on experience.
For more information, please see
EURAMET General Secretary, Duncan Jarvis, Duncan.Jarvis@euramet.org
Please submit your application to:
EURAMET Legal Advisor, Barbara Tafel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4 January 2019, interviews will be held in Braunschweig on Wednesday 23 January 2019.
Download Job Advertisement >>