Member Services Manager – EURAMET e. V.
Location: Braunschweig, Germany
EURAMET e. V. is a non-profit association under German law, whose members are the National Metrology Institutes from 38 European States. We coordinate measurement research, the traceability of measurements to the SI units, international recognition of national measurement standards and oversee the system in Europe for mutual recognition of Calibration and Measurement Capabilities between countries. Through Knowledge Transfer and cooperation among our members EURAMET facilitates the development of the national metrology infrastructures. EURAMET is also responsible for implementing metrology research programmes jointly funded from national sources and the EU's framework programmes.
EURAMET is looking for a Member Services Manager to lead the team providing services to our members. Duties include:
- Direction and supervision of the team, including human resource management and financial planning
- Operation of all members services including preparation of governance meetings, minute keeping and follow-up between meetings
- Maintaining relationships with the International Bureau of Weights and Measures and the other Regional Metrology Organisations outside Europe.
- Defining and implementing activities for national metrology infrastructure development in cooperation with relevant EURAMET bodies
- Knowledge Transfer to Members and Associates including the development of training materials
- Development of EURAMET Guidance documents in collaboration with Technical Committees
- General Support to the Technical Committees and their Chairs
The Member Service Manager is also a member of the Management Board which is responsible for the overall operation of the secretariat.
Experienced at a senior management level, you will have knowledge of how metrology is organised internationally, with the ability to work in a multinational organisation that serves the varying cultural needs of its members, connecting people and their different interests. Supported by a team of administrators, communications specialists, technical contacts, contract and finance experts, you will use your excellent communication skills, scientific and financial experience to ensure that EURAMET maintains its reputation as the outstanding example of international cooperation in metrology.
The employment contract will be concluded for an indefinite period.
The salary for the post will be over 80 k€ a year depending on experience.
For more information, please see https://www.euramet.org or contact:
EURAMET General Secretary, Duncan Jarvis, Duncan.Jarvis@euramet.org
Please submit your application to:
EURAMET Legal Advisor, Barbara Tafel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2018, interviews will be held in Berlin on Thursday 13 December 2018.